Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Out-line Dragging / Resize of Nodes (Read 1333 times)
Paul Eden

Out-line Dragging / Resize of Nodes
Sep 5th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hi

I'm sure I've seen this somewhere but can't get any search hits on it - is it possible to switch off the display of a node that is being dragged or resized thorugh a property within the diagram control?  Or is it a case of handling the mouse-down etc and doing this manually?

Our reason for this is extremely graphic heavy UIElement objects and moving and resizing these node is extremely laggy.

Many thanks

Paul Eden

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Out-line Dragging / Resize of Nodes
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You could try setting the ModificationEffect property to MoveShades. However I think it creates a full copy of the dragged element's visual tree, so it might not be of much help in your case.

One way to replace the dragged node with a completely different object is to override the StartDraw method of a custom behavior class. If base.StartDraw returns an InteractionState(GraphicsHeavyElement, Modify) instance, you could create a temporary rectangular node at the same position and return InteractionState(Rectangle, Modify) instead. When NodeModified is raised in the end, remove the rectangle from the diagram and move the heavy object to the new position.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint