Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ensuring Diagram does not become too small to show all items on it (Read 3356 times)
AR

I Love MindFusion!

Ensuring Diagram does not become too small to show all items on it
Aug 24th, 2015 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
In my previous question "Diagram which matches current window size or in ScrollPane?" the help given allowed me to change the size of the diagram to match the current window size really well.

However, if someone makes the window large and creates a diagram which fills it, then makes the window smaller, the diagram also becomes smaller so some items are 'off' the diagram.

What I need to be able to do instead is keep the diagram large enough to display all items, and instead add scroll bars as the window becomes smaller.

I assume that to do this I need to check the positions of all items on the diagram when I 're-size' it? Or is there a better way?

Any advice on the best way of doing this would be very welcome.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Ensuring Diagram does not become too small to show all items on it
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Do you keep the Math.max calls from original thread (http://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1429721487 )? They should prevent the diagram from getting smaller than whatever size it grew to after maximizing. I suppose you might have removed them to implement some kind of 'always fit' behavior. You could replace the getBounds() call with getContentBounds() if you want to match scroll range to item positions.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

AR

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Ensuring Diagram does not become too small to show all items on it
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Yes I had kept the Math.max() calls.

Using getContentBounds() instead of getBounds() worked just as I needed.

Thanks again for you help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint