Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) PocketPlannerDesign for .NET 2.0 (Read 56937 times)
Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: PocketPlannerDesign for .NET 2.0
Reply #60 - Apr 11th, 2006 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Do you call Schedule.Save(...) in your Save button Click event handler at all ?

IP Logged

racer

Reply #61 - Apr 11th, 2006 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
no the only thing that i have is
Private Sub _menuSave_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles _menuSave.Click

_calendar.Schedule.Save("schedule.save")
       Calendar1.Schedule.Save("schedule1.save")
       Calendar2.Schedule.Save("schedule2.save")

End Sub
the schedula.save(..)wil stand in the demo.exe but i cant look at the code
so mayby you can help me a little bit further
Grin

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #62 - Apr 11th, 2006 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
do you mean that when loading the files "schedule.save" loads sucecsfully, and the schedule1 and 2 .save files do not? Can you show me the code that loads the schedules?

IP Logged

racer

Reply #63 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 4:41am
Print Post  
no i mean that i miss a piece of code because when i press save he doesn't save it in schedule.save

the only code i have get to save is those above
and the code to load the file is this:

Private Sub _menuLoad_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles _menuLoad.Click

_calendar.Schedule.Load("schedule.save")
       _calendar.Invalidate()
       Calendar1.Schedule.Load("schedule1.save")
       Calendar1.Invalidate()
       Calendar2.Schedule.Load("schedule2.save")
       Calendar2.Invalidate()
    End Sub

so mayby here is also sumpthing that is missing but this is the only code i have

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #64 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 4:49am
Print Post  
So what's the problem, you click the Save menu item and there isn't a "schedule.save" file created at all? Can you place a breakpoint on the schedule.Save line to see whether it is executed?

IP Logged

racer

Reply #65 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 6:28am
Print Post  
i want to test the application on the pocket pc
i have installed activesynchronizer but what must i do now to run the program on the pocket pc

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #66 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 6:41am
Print Post  
When you hit F5, VS asks you where to deploy the application - on an emulator or a device - doesn't it ?

IP Logged

racer

Reply #67 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:25am
Print Post  
yes i see it but when i press the button
he says that i must installe the latest version of
activesync and my pocket pc works with windows mobile 2003 (so i must use activesync 3.8 in place of 4.1)
don't you know if it can works with activesync 3.8 becuase otherwise i must install windows mobile 2005 on my pocket pc and it is an older type so i dont know if he will run it Undecided

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #68 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:41am
Print Post  
i don't know anything about ActiveSync  Undecided could you run the project in an emulator, to see whether the execution reaches the call to schedule.Save ?

IP Logged

racer

Reply #69 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:54am
Print Post  
yes i can run it in an emulator but
the meaning of a pocket planner is that it can run on a pocket pc so i must get it working on a pocket pc  Cry

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #70 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Well, I guess you will have to either use an older VS version or install the AciveSync version required by VS2005. I cannot think of anything else that could help.

IP Logged

racer

Reply #71 - Apr 13th, 2006 at 4:57am
Print Post  
ok i understand but i have seen sumpthing
everytime i run the application i see in the  output screen the tekst:

'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\mindfusion limited\pocketplanner trial\samples\vb.net\copie of demo\copy of demo\bin\debug\Demo.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\System.Windows.Forms.d
ll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\System.Drawing.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\mindfusion limited\pocketplanner trial\PocketPlanner.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\Microsoft.VisualBasic.
dll', No symbols loaded.
'Demo.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL\System.Xml.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

is that ok or is there sumpthing wrong

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #72 - Apr 13th, 2006 at 6:56am
Print Post  
"A first chance exception" is displayed when an exception is thrown in debug mode, but probably the exception is caught it if the application execution continues.

IP Logged

racer

Reply #73 - Apr 13th, 2006 at 7:17am
Print Post  
ok so it gives no problem

well for continuing the save problem i have lookt in the customevent class

and i have seen that there is a seperate method to write the timetable (exanly the appointment ) into the xml musn't i use also sumpthing like that to write the appointment into the schedule.save ???

Public Class MyEvent    Inherits MindFusion.Scheduling.Appointment

' Custom events are required to provide
    ' parameterless constructor.
    Sub New()

' Set the custom field to contain the
       ' time when the event was created
       _customField = DateTime.Now.ToString("hh:mm tt")

End Sub

' A Save override that provides custom serialization
    ' to XML documents for our event.
    Public Overloads Overrides Sub Save(ByVal writer As XmlWriter, ByVal context As SerializationContext)

writer.WriteElementString("customField", _customField)

MyBase.Save(writer, context)

End Sub

' A Load override that provides custom deserialization
    ' from XML document for our event.
    Public Overloads Overrides Sub Load(ByVal reader As XmlReader, ByVal context As SerializationContext)

_customField = reader.ReadElementString("customField")

MyBase.Load(reader, context)

End Sub

' Gets or sets the custom field.
    Public Property CustomField() As String

Get
           Return _customField
       End Get
       Set(ByVal Value As String)
           _customField = Value
       End Set

End Property

Private _customField As String

End Class

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #74 - Apr 13th, 2006 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Well yes, if you have your own event class you must implement its serialization methods in a similar manner. You must also call the static RegisterItemClass method of Calendar with your event class as argument, or otherwise the Calendar won't know how to save its instances. If you use only standard Appointment objects, PocketPlanner should serializae them without any efforts from your side.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint