Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Standard forms not working with DB change. (Read 4248 times)
TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Standard forms not working with DB change.
Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Hi, I have added code to my program allowing the user to select the database they wish to use which changes the connection string. This works well however when I try to open an appointment the standard appointment form fails to show. Do you have any ideas as to what is happening? It seems to simply exit the sub on "CurrentAppForm = new AppointmentForm(calendar1.schedule)". Undecided If I change the database back to the original one all forms open as expected...

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Standard forms not working with DB change.
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Can you save the schedule, which is used to initialize the form, as an XML file and send it to me? Also, what version of the control are you using?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Unfortunately Meppy, I do not actually know how the SaveToXML Method works. Embarrassed A bit embarrassing I know.  Where does the XML document get the structure? When I create a New XML Document and then use SaveToXML(NewXMLDoc) I get the object reference not set to an instance of an object error. Sorry.  Undecided

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You can save the schedule by calling Schedule.SaveTo(path, ContentType.Xml). Call this method before showing the appointment form and send me the resulting XML file. If this raises an exception, it is probably a bug and I will appreciate it if you post the stack trace.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint